THE AMERICAN RIVER AUTHORITY WEB PAGE
Disclaimer: Mountain Counties Water Resources Association does not necessarily represent or endorse the positions of the ARA and/or the material printed herein.
The American River Authority (ARA) was formed in 1982 to support construction of the Auburn Dam, and since expanded its scope to also include a variety of other water issues. The ARA is a joint powers authority comprised of Placer, El Dorado and San Joaquin counties, and the Placer and El Dorado County Water Agencies.
The ARA purpose includes the protection and perfection of rights belonging to the member agencies of this Authority to use the water of the American River and its tributaries for the benefit of the lands and inhabitants of the parties.
|County of El Dorado||Michael Ranalli||Vacant|
|County of Placer||Jennifer Montgomery (Chair)||Robert Weygandt|
|County of San Joaquin||Chuck Winn||Vacant|
|El Dorado Water Agency||Brian Veerkamp (Vice Chair)||Vacant|
|Placer County Water Agency||Robert Dugan||Mike Lee|
|Public Member||Ken Yorde||Vacant|
|Einar Maisch, Executive Director|
|Chris Williams, Legal Counsel|
Links to other pages
American River Authority
c/o Placer County Water Agency
P.O. Box 6570
Auburn CA 95604
The American River Authority holds meetings as needed.
- May 16, 2016 05-16-2016_ARA_Agenda
- June 22, 2015 06-22-2015_ARA_Agenda
- June 9, 2014 06-09-2014 Agenda Summary
- June 17, 2013 06-17-2013 Agenda Summary
- June 22, 2015 06-22-2015_ARA_Minutes
- June 9, 2014 06-09-2014 ARA Minutes
- June 17, 2013 06-17-2013 Minutes
- March 5, 2012 03-05-2012_Minutes
- June 20, 2011 06-20-2011 Minutes