SNC Grant Opportunities
For more information contact Elisa Brown at Elissa.Brown@sierranevada.ca.gov
Upcoming grants that might be of interest:
- The Bureau of Reclamation WaterSMART Phase II Grants (due February 15) provide up to $100,000 to address critical water supply needs, water quality, and ecological resilience. The purpose of this program is to support established watershed groups in implementing on-the-ground watershed management projects.
- The Rose Foundation California Wildlands Grassroots Fund (due February 15) provides funding to grassroots conservation organizations advocating for the permanent protection of intact wildlands to help preserve California’s wilderness and native biological diversity. The Fund’s program includes support for restoration and stewardship.
- Strong Foundation grants (due February 15) support efforts that instill an ecological ethic in individuals and communities, and that encourage grassroots environmental action.
- The California Arts Council Local Impact Grant Program (due February 17) provides project and partnership support for small arts organizations reaching communities that have limited access to the arts, including rural areas.
- The Off-Highway Vehicle Grant Programs (due March 6) provide funding for planning, development, maintenance, and restoration of motorized recreational trails.
- The Farmers Market Promotion Program grants (due March 27) support the development, improvement, and expansion of farmers markets, roadside stands, community-supported agriculture programs, and agritourism activities.
- The Federal Lands Access Program (due April 7) develops transportation and infrastructure projects (roads, parking, bike trails, etc.) that provide access to federal public lands, particularly those with high recreation use.
- The National Fish and Wildlife Foundation In-Lieu Fee Program helps fund on‑the-ground wetland restoration, establishment, and enhancement projects in priority service areas. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Your SNC Area Representative can help you set up an individual consultation with the SNC Funding Team to get advice about specific funding opportunities or general fund development strategies. To take advantage of this resource, contact your Area Representative.
Grant Writing Workshops are available to help build the capacity of organizations that serve the Sierra Nevada Region. If you are interested in organizing or attending a workshop, contact your Area Representative.